Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Learning Styles Project-Liz Beseda

a) Identifies the learning style instrument, what the instrument measures, and the URL you used to access it
The learning style instrument I used was the perceptual concept which measures the hemispheric dominance. The URL I used was
http://brain.web-us.com/brain/braindominance.htm

b) Provides a description of what your results from the instrument were and what you have “learned” about your learning style from completing this assessment

My results showed that I am left brain dominant. Some of the cognitive processes I exhibit are that I tend to be verbal-I process thoughts and ideas through words. I also am reality-based which means I process information based on reality and focus on rules and regulations. I also am logical, symbolic, sequential, and linear in my cognitive processes. I have learned that if I focus more on how I learn best than I can use this information to be more efficient in less time. I can consider the ways in which I can study best as well and adjust myself to ways I can learn better. I can also use this test to try and strengthen my less dominate side of the brain, my right side.


c) Provides a description of how you would incorporate this understanding about your learning style into your future teaching and lesson plan development.

These results can help me understand the importance and meaning of incorporating both brain dominances so that each child can learn to their best ability. As a future teacher it is extremly important and crucial for me to use all aspects of cognitive approaches so that my students can enhance their knowledge. Students at a young age are especially bound to choose one way of learning they like best so by incorporating all learning styles each individual can prosper. For example this would mean incorporating verbal vs nonverbal teaching and symbolic vs concrete teaching for students.

1 comment:

  1. Great summary of your learning style from the hemisphere dominance inventory. It looks like your results were similar to what you experienced in class with the MI inventory. I hope this has helped you think about how you will design lessons to accommodate various learning styles.

    ReplyDelete